Sunday, March 17, 2013

DIY | Invitations - 1

Jac and I spent a lot of time looking through websites for invitations, but could not justify the price per invitation.  Now that we have finally sent them out, I figured I would show off the hard work that we put into them. First however, we will let you see a sneak peek before you get your invite in the mail!  Based on what I have seen on other sites, I have blocked personal information to save our lives! hehe!

The invite:
The Accommodations/Map Insert:

The RSVP Inserts:

These were all made by me in either Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.  There were a few things I didn't realize before making our invites however, and I want to share those with you. Making maps is harder than it may seem.  I figured I could just trace a google map, but man is that rough! I suppose however, if Google offers me a job, I will consider it.  The postcards- we ordered our printed items from VistaPrint and I found it extremely interesting that when ordering a postcard through them, you have to order a TON and they are glossy, but you can order a "note card" which is the same size and it doesn't ahve to be glossy and I can order the 150 I needed easily.  I even got free envelopes - and man do we have a ton of envelopes now! :)

Let us know your thoughts!  The next posts will be about our assembling and the adventure to mail these dang things!






















No comments:

Post a Comment