Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Guess What!?! I'm ENGAGED!

Run around and tell everyone you know (and don't know!)

After dinner at the restaurant, it was then time for me to go crazy and run around campus telling everyone my news!  Clearly J. is not that good at keeping a secret to himself because almost everyone I told already knew!! RUDE!  I was so excited, I even went to find my favorite campus police officers to tell them the news! (Don't worry, I work closely with them in my role on campus!)

It was fun to run around however and hear their side of the proposal story, from the friends who went with him to get the ring, the planning behind making sure my nails were done (how sweet!), and even being at the mall together while he looked at rings.  I wondered why Roxie kept changing her mind at the store so we couldn't leave it!  It all started falling into place (he had the ring for 3 months before he gave it to me) -  I would never be able to keep that secret!

But the ring is beautiful and I could not have asked for anything more perfect!  It totally fits my personality and style to a tee!  I really wanted a bridal set (so the wedding band and engagement ring fit together perfectly) and that is exactly what I have!  Wanna see?



Isn't it just beautiful!  The wedding band that comes along with it is very simple, just how I like it and I cannot wait for it all to be together!

Only down fall - it was a little too big!  BUT - I would much rather have the ring too big than too small!  Since I had graduation the next day - and I wanted to be sure not to lose it - I found some yarn and just wrapped it around the ring a few times on the inside of my hand.  It worked really well if you ever need to keep the ring on until you get get it fitted properly!  
 
How long did your fiance have the ring before you ended up getting it? Did it fit?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bri, I got your comment on my blog about my invitations and wanted to get you think where I bought the petal fold envelopes.

    http://www.cutcardstock.com/Basis5x7PerfectPetals.aspx

    If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at homesweethoosier@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete