Monday, January 28, 2013

The Venue Search - Part 1

Searching for the perfect venue! What a trip!  I never realized how hard this part could be... I mean - I guess with so many choices and perks each place has - how did I not see this coming!?!

Well - because Jac and I were moving down to Texas about one month after the engagement, we decided that the first thing we needed to figure out was our venue!  We both had lots of time (as we just graduated) and both began the research process.

This was a very overwhelming process - it was like information overload! Being the crazy organized person that I am, I created an Excel document that helped us to compare what each of the different venues had to offer.  Most of the venues we had been researching had many of the items we would need included (i.e. cake, open bar, champagne/wine...).  Having all of these items in a easy to read spreadsheet was really helpful and definitely made the process less overwhelming.

From there Jac and I narrowed our search down and chose what locations we wanted to visit first.  We were headed to Wisconsin (Bri's home) in a few weeks so I could go dress shopping with my family.  We were planning to head back down through the Chicago area to get back so we spent a day checking out our favorites.

We put together a list of general questions we had for all of the venues as well as more specific questions for each of the particular ones (if we had any).  I found an amazing website, called Here Comes the Guide, that has amazing resources of all the questions you should make sure you have answers to before booking anything.  Check it out!

Check out the future post about checking out the venues and the venue we eventually picked!

What other fun resources have you found that have helped with the planning?


No comments:

Post a Comment