Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wedding Shows!

Whoo Hoo!  I found a Chicago Wedding Show on a weekend that I was actually in Chicago for a friend's wedding!  I got tickets for 3 (Jac and Megan of course!) and we were set!

What we expected from the Wedding Show
I'm not sure exactly what I envisioned, but when I walked in - it was definitely a lot different.  We expected a huge room with tons of little cubicles with vendors.  This reminded me of a craft show / maze mashup.  We started by forming a long line to wait to be allowed in (I don't know, but apparently these things are never on time.)  Once they allowed us to start, they took our tickets, handed us a "bingo" card so we made sure to talk to each vendor and we were off.  

The way this show was lined up, you were basically forced to wait in a line the entire time (as I said--Maze). We started by checking out some travel agency's, then a photo booth place, and some other random places.  We actually found our photographer through going to this wedding show so I suppose it was productive!

After we made our way through the maze of all the vendors, we all went and sat down to a wedding show.  They went through a runway show of many different dresses and bridesmaid dresses.  Megan and I really enjoyed checking them all out, but I'm sure Jac thought it was a snooze fest!  The show was not all bad, just very different than what I expected.  We ended up finding our DJ at the show and left with tons of new ideas! 

I guess they are right when they say don't judge a book by it's cover!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment