Monday, January 28, 2013

Picking Out The Dress

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION OR PHOTOS OF MY DRESS. JAC - PLEASE STEER CLEAR!
.
.
.
.
.
.
You gone yet?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hope so! So - again because I was about to move to Texas, my mom really wanted me to come to Wisconsin to try on dresses so she could see!  I wanted to go to David's Bridal because I knew I wanted my girls to get their dresses there.  It was so convenient as they are all across the nation! My mom wanted to also take me to a local bridal shop, so we started there.  

The first group of people along for the ride were my grandma, mom, and brother's GF Grace.  When we got there, they were basically like - hey, just pick whatever you want off these massive shelves and we will try them on.  Umm ok intimidating!  So we went for the racks and just picked a bunch off!  I tried them on, liked some, didn't like others but none of them felt just right.

Our next stop was over to David's Bridal and my step-mom and step-sister joined in for the fun!  When I got there, I showed my consultant pictures of the dresses that I like and thought I might want as well as the dress I fell in love with and hoped would stay in love with once it went on!  She went and found me a bunch of dresses to try on (including the favorite). 

I tried on the favorite and LOVED it!  It was totally meant to be!  BUT - we made sure to try on others to be sure that I really loved it.  We tried on a few others which I like and looked nice on me, but were not it.  So, again on went the favorite dress.  Yup! Still loved it!  I decided that it was THE DRESS!

David's Bridal has a fun tradition that once you pick your dress, you are able to ring the bell and make a wish so everyone in the store knows you found it! It was a really fun experience!

So back up a little - part one of this dress search was really research... so here are some of the pretty dresses I fell in love with and showed to my consultant when we got there!

David's Bridal - A-line Side Drape Strapless Dress
David's Bridal - Satin A-line with Asymmetrical Skirt

 David's Bridal - Exquisite Strapless Pick-Up Ball Gown

 David's Bridal - Satin Pleated Drop Waist Bodice with Pick-up Skirt

 David's Bridal - Strapless A-Line Satin Gown with Dropped Waist Style

David's Bridal - A-line Taffeta Gown with One Shoulder Detail
 
Overall, it was a fun time and I ended up buying my dress that day!  As you can tell, I apparently like A-line dresses with ruching!  Look forward to future posts and maybe you will see what I picked...maybe not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment